For Day 3 I decided to take inspiration from the kaleidoscope drawings that I’ve been working on lately, drawing from the transparency and fine line texture.
This is a gouache painting, about 3.5in wide and 4.5in tall, on a 6in square piece of Arches 90lb paper.
A note on color: I do my best adjust the color of the digital images to match as closely as possible, but it’s tricky business. Compared to the image above, the light blue in real life is a bit duller, while the orange in the center is a brighter coral. The colors most closely match to what you see in the first image in this post.
If you like this painting, leave a comment on this blog post and you’ll be entered to win it. It’s as easy as that! For more information about the giveaway, read the Giveaway Details below.
Many thanks to Abbey Hendrickson from Aesthetic Outburst for providing the inspiration for this project!
- eligibility: open to anyone worldwide.
- how to enter: leave a comment on the giveaway post to be entered to win the painting featured in the post. Feel free to enter to win more than one painting, but only one comment per person per post.
- entry deadline: comments close 48 hours* after the initial post time (*the one exception is day 20 which falls on June 28th. Day 20’s giveaway post will close after 24 hours, so I can announce the final winners on my actual birthday).
- winner selection & notification: winners will be chosen at random and announced on the blog each Monday for all the giveaways from the previous week.
- how to claim your painting: send me an email at aisforanika -at- gmail -dot- com with your mailing address and I’ll send you the painting you won right away! Winners must send me their response with their mailing address within 72 hours (3 days) of the published time of the notification post or they forfeit the prize in which case another winner will be randomly chosen.