I had two ideas for today’s painting. One started with a circle, the other with a square. I decided to crowd source the answer via twitter. I got several votes for circle, and then I got a couple of unique votes for combination of both. Jessica Gowling suggested I create a “cirquare” and Louise Harley-Smeur shared a link that lead me to discover the shape know as a squircle. Cirquare, Squircle; I love them both!
At first I was a little perplexed by what a cirquare would look like, but I’m always interested in a challenge, and I soon had a new idea. Again, I looked to my kaleidoscope drawings for inspiration.
This is a gouache painting, about 4in in diameter on a 6in square piece of Arches 90lb paper. I drew the circle by tracing around the base of a flower pot and drew the grid by hand, which is why it’s a little wonky. This is the first painting in this 20 in 20 project that has had any preliminary drawing.
If you like this painting, leave a comment on this blog post and you’ll be entered to win it. It’s as easy as that! For more information about the giveaway, read the Giveaway Details below.
Many thanks to Abbey Hendrickson from Aesthetic Outburst for providing the inspiration for this project!
- eligibility: open to anyone worldwide.
- how to enter: leave a comment on the giveaway post to be entered to win the painting featured in the post. Feel free to enter to win more than one painting, but only one comment per person per post.
- entry deadline: comments close 48 hours* after the initial post time (*the one exception is day 20 which falls on June 28th. Day 20’s giveaway post will close after 24 hours, so I can announce the final winners on my actual birthday).
- winner selection & notification: winners will be chosen at random and announced on the blog each Monday for all the giveaways from the previous week.
- how to claim your painting: send me an email at aisforanika -at- gmail -dot- com with your mailing address and I’ll send you the painting you won right away! Winners must send me their response with their mailing address within 72 hours (3 days) of the published time of the notification post or they forfeit the prize in which case another winner will be randomly chosen.