Day 12’s painting took forever! It seemed like it would be a pretty simple, straightforward idea to paint when I started. I guess in many ways it was, but there are lots of little precise parts to it, and it took some time! The results are well worth it, even if I did stay up til the wee small hours to finish.
The cool thing about staying up so late was that by the time I’d finished, the full moon had sunk low enough in the sky that I could see it through the window. I took a moment to hold up the painting, and admired the two round shapes together.
This is a gouache painting that’s about 4in in diameter on a 6in square piece of Arches 90lb paper.
If you like this painting, leave a comment on this blog post and you’ll be entered to win it. It’s as easy as that! For more information about the giveaway, read the Giveaway Details below.
Many thanks to Abbey Hendrickson from Aesthetic Outburst for providing the inspiration for this project!
- eligibility: open to anyone worldwide.
- how to enter: leave a comment on the giveaway post to be entered to win the painting featured in the post. Feel free to enter to win more than one painting, but only one comment per person per post.
- entry deadline: comments close on the first Sunday morning (EST)* after the post is made (*the exceptions are days 19 & 20 which fall on June 27th & 28th. Days 19 & 20 giveaway posts will close the morning of the 29th, so I can announce the final winners on my actual birthday).
- winner selection & notification: winners will be chosen at random and announced on the blog each Monday for all the giveaways from the previous week.
- how to claim your painting: send me an email at aisforanika -at- gmail -dot- com with your mailing address and I’ll send you the painting you won right away! Winners must send me their response with their mailing address within 72 hours (3 days) of the published time of the notification post or they forfeit the prize in which case another winner will be randomly chosen.